Complete Election Results
The 2022 Elections for 2022-2023 positions have concluded. View complete election results below. During an election, candidate information is posted here. For questions about the election processes for the WSBA Board of Governors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Congressional District 4: Mary Rathbone. The term is September 2022–September 2024.
- Congressional District 8: Erik Kaeding. The term is September 2022–September 2023.
Both of the Governor-elects are filling vacancies mid-term. As each position was uncontested, the Governor-elects have been declared the winner.
- Treasurer: Francis Adewale, recently elected as the 2022–2023 Treasurer. The term is one year.
Treasurer is determined by a vote of the current members of the Board of Governors. The election took place at the July 21–22, 2022, meeting in Tacoma, Washington.
- President-elect: Hunter Abell, elected as the 2022–2023 President-elect. The Term is one year.
President-elect is determined by a vote of the current members of the Board of Governors. The candidates were interviewed and the election took place at the May 19–20, 2022, meeting in Spokane, Washington.
- Governor At Large: Brent Williams-Ruth, receiving 50.5% of the votes.
Governor Williams-Ruth received 50.58% of the votes.
The above term is September 2022–September 2025.
Per WSBA Bylaws, the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council (formerly Diversity Committee) forwarded two candidates who have experience and knowledge of the needs of those members whose membership is or may be historically underrepresented in governance, or who represent some of the diverse elements of the public of the State of Washington, to the end that the Board will be a more diverse and representative body than the results of the election of Governors based solely on Congressional Districts may allow. Underrepresentation and diversity may be based upon, but not limited to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, geography, areas and types of practice, and years of membership, provided that no single factor will be determinative.
- Congressional District 2 Governor: Kari Petrasek, receiving 65.9% of the votes.
- Congressional District 9 Governor: Kevin Fay, declared winner.
- Congressional District 10 Governor: Nam Nguyen, receiving 69.9% of the votes.
The above terms are September 2022–September 2025.
The election results were certified by an Election Board appointed by the WSBA President. The Election Board members were James Doane, Thea Jennings and, Russell Knight.