Public Members Welcome: Volunteer with WSBA
The Washington State Bar Association seeks members of the public to serve on six boards for terms begin Oct. 1, 2022 (term start dates may vary). Volunteering provides an excellent opportunity to get an insider’s view on how the practice of law is regulated in Washington State. Applicants from outside the legal community are especially welcome; former or nonpracticing attorneys are asked not to apply. Most appointments are for three-year terms.
Click on the links below for detailed position descriptions. If interested in applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure where you'd like to volunteer? Check out the WSBA Volunteer Guide!
- Access to Justice Board (not currently accepting applications)
- Character & Fitness Board
- Client Protection Board
- Committee on Professional Ethics (law professors only; not currently accepting applications)
- Council on Public Defense
- Disciplinary Advisory Round Table
- Disciplinary Board
- Disciplinary Selection Panel
- Law Clerk Board
- LLLT Board
- Limited Practice Board
- Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board
- Practice of Law Board