LGBT Law Section
The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Law Section strives to:
- Support understanding among WSBA members of the legal needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender residents of Washington
- Assist LGBT residents and those who represent them
- Better understand how their legal needs can be met
- Support research, education, and collaboration by section members on issues of sexual orientation and gender identification
- Promote the study of LGBT law and report on changing law and regulations as they affect LGBT people and communities
- Assist in legislative work undertaken within the scope of GR 12
- Act as a liaison between the WSBA, its Board of Governors, LGBT organizations, and the public
Section Executive Committee Elections
The Section is conducting elections for open positions on the executive committee.
Voting is scheduled for June 12–30, 2023. All voting members of the Section will be sent an electronic ballot from SurveyMonkey via email on June 12, 2023.
Candidate Information, Open Positions, and Terms
For more information about the Section and its executive committee, please review the Section's bylaws.
One position open. 1-year term: Oct. 1, 2023–Sept. 30, 2024.
Candidate: Jonathan McCoy
Two positions open. 2-year term: Oct. 1, 2023–Sept. 30, 2025.
Candidate: Peder Punsalan-Teigen
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Chair: Nic Doherty (2022-2023)
Chair-Elect: Sean Dong (2022-2023)
Immediate Past Chair: Peder Punsalan-Teigen (2022-2023)
Treasurer: Jonathan McCoy (2022-2023)
Secretary: Sam Gouveia (2022-2023)
Young Lawyer Liaison*: Vacant
Board of Governors Liaison*: Kevin Fay (2022-2023) and Brent Williams-Ruth (2022-2023)
Joann Pheasant (2021-2023)
The WSBA LGBT Law Section Executive Committee generally conducts meetings via Zoom 4-5 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
Join the Zoom meeting
Meeting ID: 949 8944 4672
Join Our List Serve
To join the section list serve and for general questions, please send your email address and Bar number to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact Section Chair Nic Doherty.